oru eLuppamaaya pariiksham #9
ÈÎØíµÞø¢! (namaskaaram!) This is a short exercise for those who are still learning the basic alphabet of Malayalam. There is no time limit at all, but please study your vowels and consonants AND MAATHRAS before beginning this test!
Kindly write down your answers to this quiz so that you can send them to me by e-mail. (If you don't know an answer, just leave it blank, you won't LOSE POINTS or anything for it!) Be sure to use the phonetic system used on this site! Kindly visit the phonetic system page (link is given above) and study your letters before reading any further than...THIS!
OK! Today, I have the same kind of test as last time...but this time, there are a lot more common expressions!
1. ¥ÎãÄ¢- written & col. for "nectar." OK, not exactly a common word, but hey, more frequently used than what you saw before!!
2. çØÎßÏ ÉÞÏØ¢- written & col. for a "pudding" made of milk, sugar, and noodles...one of the very, very few genuine Malayalee desserts
3. Èà- written & col.; familiar form of "you" (like tu in French or thum in Hindi)
4. èÕµáµ- written & col. for "to delay" or "to be late"
5. Èâùí- written & col. for "a/one hundred"
6. ÕßÜ- written & col. for "price"
7. æÎÜßÏáµ- written & col. for "to be/get thin"
8. çÄÞÃß- written & col. for "boat"
9. æµÞ¿ß- written & col. for "flag"
10. µìÄáµ¢- poetic word for "interest(ing stuff)" (most people just use the English word in conversation!)
11. Æá£¶¢- slightly more poetic word for "sadness/sorrow"
OK, now send in your answers! Hopefully you didn't forget to write them down somewhere!
Until I read your next e-mail:
®KÞW ¦µçG! Goodbye!